Amber Bass Rosin
The Amber Range helps Double Bass players find the exact combinationof stickiness, grip, traction & lyrical quality to suit their playing needs.
These recipes do not dry out like other rosins and one recipe would last 1-2 years with intensive playing. You can also mix them on the bow for a more customised result.
Amber Double Bass Rosins are supplied one per pack. Please order two if you would like to mix and match.
Use the recipe grade chart (above) to choose your desired recipe. When you receive your rosin:
- Carefully separate the walls of the rubber cup from the rosin
- Lift the rosin slightly out of the cup or peel down sides of cup
- Keep your fingers touching the sides of the cup, not the rosin
- Apply with fast and strong bow strokes, with heavy pressure on the rosin.
- Swipe towards the centre of the rosin to avoid chipping
- For best use, apply 2 - 5 swipes as required.
- To melt your rosin back into shape, just sit it in the cup on a flat surface in a warm environment or window sill and it will gradually melt back into the shape of the cup. Then allow it to cool and harden before using again
A recent trial group of professional bass players made the following general comparisons:
- 35% was similar to Nymans
- 45% was similar to Pops
- 50% was similar to Oak
Please keep in mind that these comparisons have not been decided through any formal trial or research, and are just the collective opinion of a small group of bass players on one particular day. This group were indoors with an ambient temperature of about 23°C. All Leatherwood's recipes will feel different depending on the climate (temperature) they are tried in.
Why Buy from Stringers?
~ RUN BY MUSICIANS, FOR MUSICIANS ~
Stringers has been supplying instruments, bows and accessories to students, parents and professional musicians since 1992. We're proud of our commitment to providing the very best service and offering the best quality, carefully chosen products, for our customers.
All Stringers instruments are set up expertly by our luthiers in our Edinburgh workshop and checked by our playing staff. This is a stand-out difference from instruments bought from non-specialist suppliers, and shops who simply import and sell instruments. Our setups really make the world of difference. Just take a look at our reviews to see how.
Feel free to get in touch to ask about any product we offer.
We offer a part-exchange upgrade pathway for all Stringers brand instruments and outfits bought, with the exception of Standard and Pre-Owned Instruments.
Instruments, bows and cases must be in resaleable condition.
PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
We'll always try our best to match any cheaper UK online price. Please click on the Price Promise button under Add to Basket, fill in the form, and upon verification we'll send you a discount code to match our competitor's price.
We can only match prices of new items currently in stock with a reputable competitor. Terms & Conditions apply.