Chorda Cello set
Click & Collect available at Stringers Edinburgh
Usually ready in 24 hours
Chorda Cello set
7 York Place
Edinburgh EH1 3EB
Chorda - Authentic strings for baroque instruments
- The Chorda A- and D-strings are of plain sheep gut. The G- and C-strings are wound with a silverplated copper wire and are unpolished.
- A brilliant and soft sound with enormous possibilities
- Very low string tension, comfortable left hand feeling
- Designed for 440 Hz tuning
- For 415 Hz tuning, please use "strong" gauge.
- Altering the PM gauge by 1/2 PM changes the tension by 4%.
- Authentic strings for baroque instruments
- The medium set contains the following strings:
- A plain gut 21
- D plain gut 29
- G silver-plated copper wire 27 1/2
- C silver-plated copper wire 36
- Chorda strings are manufactured in three gauges in steps of 1/2 PM.
- A- and D-strings come without knot.
- G- and C-strings come with knot.
- Chorda strings are available in 4/4.
Why Buy from Stringers?
~ RUN BY MUSICIANS, FOR MUSICIANS ~
Stringers has been supplying instruments, bows and accessories to students, parents and professional musicians since 1992. We're proud of our commitment to providing the very best service and offering the best quality, carefully chosen products, for our customers.
All Stringers instruments are set up expertly by our luthiers in our Edinburgh workshop and checked by our playing staff. This is a stand-out difference from instruments bought from non-specialist suppliers, and shops who simply import and sell instruments. Our setups really make the world of difference. Just take a look at our reviews to see how.
Feel free to get in touch to ask about any product we offer.
We offer a part-exchange upgrade pathway for all Stringers brand instruments and outfits bought, with the exception of Standard and Pre-Owned Instruments.
Instruments, bows and cases must be in resaleable condition.
PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
We'll always try our best to match any cheaper UK online price. Please click on the Price Promise button under Add to Basket, fill in the form, and upon verification we'll send you a discount code to match our competitor's price.
We can only match prices of new items currently in stock with a reputable competitor. Terms & Conditions apply.
What does ball/loop mean?
Some violin E strings and viola A strings come with the option of Loop-end, meaning they are designed for use with hook-type E fittings on tailpieces without a top string fine-tuner. Most student instruments require a ball-end string. Some string manufacturers now product removable ball end strings, and cello strings are all ball-end. Gut strings often have knotted ends.
What is gauge / tension?
Gauge refers to the thickness, or diameter, of the string. The greater the string’s diameter, the heavier it is, affecting tone and response to finger pressure and bowing. Tension is the horizontal force on a string between the nut and the tailpiece. Tension is also affected by the types of metals a string is wound with.
Medium tensions are the most popular choice. These strings are designed to bring a balanced response and tone.
Light or weak strings are thinner, so less tension is required to bring them to pitch. If your violin has a naturally heavy or dark sound quality, you might use light gauge strings to brighten the tone.
Heavy or strong strings require greater tension and they are less responsive but can create a more nuanced tone.
Full String Catalogue
Pirastro Strings for Violin
JARGAR STRINGS FOR VIOLIN