Perpetual Orchestra Bass A String
- Extremely flexible rope core steel strings
- Tremendous volume and clarity
- Easy and comfortable left hand feel
- Highly articulate and dynamic response
- All strings are chrome steel wound on a uniquely designed and extremely flexible high-tensile steel rope core.
- Tremendous projection and clarity, a powerful and focused low end gives way to a full, sophisticated upper register.
- Very consistent and precise pizzicato attack with an additional punchiness on the lower strings.
- Extremely energetic with very little effort and a juicy right hand feel when played pizzicato, yet strong and complex with good stability under the bow.
- Highly articulate bow response without being brittle
- Breaks in quickly with excellent stability
- Mainly developed for pizzicato, the new Perpetual double bass strings are also for arco players looking for a precise and clear tone with a wide variety of dynamics.
- SOLO SET: The Perpetual Solo Set works very well as an arco classical string for Solo Bass material.
- The strings are colourful, projecting, and have a consistent clean attack, with a wonderful singing quality.
- Available in Orchestral tuning and Solo tuning
- Size: 3/4
Variations: G Stark and D Stark
The Perpetual double bass G and D „Stark“ use a completely new design which offers a very full, clear and complex sound with a much thicker diameter compared to the Perpetual G and D „Mittel“ – these are the thickest G and D strings in our double bass steel string program. The Perpetual G and D „Stark" are great for pizz and arco and the string tension is only slightly higher than the string tension of the Perpetual G and D „Mittel“. They blend beautifully with the Perpetual A and E „Mittel“ or any other string combination where thicker G and D strings are desired.
As string makers, the first question we are usually asked when we introduce a new set of double bass strings is what style of playing are they most suitable for? With our new Perpetual bass set, we would like to encourage the players to decide for themselves. Mainly developed for pizzicato, the new Perpetual double bass strings were designed to provide the player with a comfortable left hand feel, fast articulate response, and strong energetic tone. Using a new uniquely designed extremely flexible steel rope core, the Perpetual double bass strings provide incredible stability and tremendous power. With a little adjustment on the players end, the voice can be manipulated to suit a wide variety of styles. A powerful and focused low end gives way to a full, sophisticated upper register.
When played arco the Perpetual bass has a clear yet complex tone with an intense power that can be felt by the musician as well as the listener. With their effortless left hand feel and an astonishingly quick bow response, the Perpetual allows the player to practice for long periods of time with little fatigue.
In closing, at PIRASTRO we know very well that no individual bass set is suited to fit every player and every style of music but cordially invite you to discover the Perpetual possibilities of this unique 21st century string set.
Why Buy from Stringers?
~ RUN BY MUSICIANS, FOR MUSICIANS ~
Stringers has been supplying instruments, bows and accessories to students, parents and professional musicians since 1992. We're proud of our commitment to providing the very best service and offering the best quality, carefully chosen products, for our customers.
All Stringers instruments are set up expertly by our luthiers in our Edinburgh workshop and checked by our playing staff. This is a stand-out difference from instruments bought from non-specialist suppliers, and shops who simply import and sell instruments. Our setups really make the world of difference. Just take a look at our reviews to see how.
Feel free to get in touch to ask about any product we offer.
We offer a part-exchange upgrade pathway for all Stringers brand instruments and outfits bought, with the exception of Standard and Pre-Owned Instruments.
Instruments, bows and cases must be in resaleable condition.
PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
We'll always try our best to match any cheaper UK online price. Please click on the Price Promise button under Add to Basket, fill in the form, and upon verification we'll send you a discount code to match our competitor's price.
We can only match prices of new items currently in stock with a reputable competitor. Terms & Conditions apply.
What does ball/loop mean?
Some violin E strings and viola A strings come with the option of Loop-end, meaning they are designed for use with hook-type E fittings on tailpieces without a top string fine-tuner. Most student instruments require a ball-end string. Some string manufacturers now product removable ball end strings, and cello strings are all ball-end. Gut strings often have knotted ends.
What is gauge / tension?
Gauge refers to the thickness, or diameter, of the string. The greater the string’s diameter, the heavier it is, affecting tone and response to finger pressure and bowing. Tension is the horizontal force on a string between the nut and the tailpiece. Tension is also affected by the types of metals a string is wound with.
Medium tensions are the most popular choice. These strings are designed to bring a balanced response and tone.
Light or weak strings are thinner, so less tension is required to bring them to pitch. If your violin has a naturally heavy or dark sound quality, you might use light gauge strings to brighten the tone.
Heavy or strong strings require greater tension and they are less responsive but can create a more nuanced tone.
Full String Catalogue
Pirastro Strings for Violin
JARGAR STRINGS FOR VIOLIN